Last Revised: November 28th 2018
This Policy is completed by our Terms and Conditions which explain the rules under which we shall provide you with our Services.
By using our Services, you agree to both this Policy, and our Terms and Conditions (hereinafter collectively the ‘Agreement’). If you are using our services for the benefit of an organization such as, but not limited to a company, corporation or association, you’re agreeing to this Agreement on behalf of said company, corporation or association, as well as you represent and warrant that you can do so.
Aweba reserves its unilateral right to update or change the Agreement by posting the updates or changes on its website. It is your responsibility to periodically revise the Agreement for updates or changes. They become effective as of the date of posting.
By using any of our services, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the Agreement. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you must cease to use our Services after having terminated your subscription following our Terms and Conditions.
The following policy is based on the applicable legislation in Canada, notably the Privacy Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. P-21) as well as the applicable legislation in Quebec, and more specifically, the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector ( chapter P-39.1).
02. What information we collect
In order to be able to provide you with the purchased Service, Aweba must collect various personal information regarding you. This includes the following:
- Information provided upon account creation, specifically your address, email address, first and last name;
- Information required to process payments, specifically a portion of your payment information from our payment processor, more specifically described hereinafter;
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions;
- Information you provide us so we may provide you the purchased service;
- Information from your use of our Services,among which,your IP addresses, preferences, web pages, browser network and devise versions, operating system, internet service provider, language settings, preference settings, unique device ID’s;
- Information regarding the specific usage of our Services while on our website;
- Any other information you submit to us directly or indirectly through Third Party Services.
03. How do we collect this information
We obtain the information and data specified in subsection 2 through three different ways:
- Information you provide us directly; Such information is provided by you either upon signing up to our services, or by selecting specific preferences while setting up your account. We also collect the information you might provide us through surveys. Their purpose is helping us determine how we can provide you with added value and generally better, more tailored services.
- Information that is recorded automatically through technology such as cookies; This information that is collected is the result of your activity and interaction with our Services, such as, but not limited to, your IP address, device type, browser, pages visited within our website, your pseudonyms.
- Information we receive from third parties; Such information is collected if you use third parties in orders to access our Services, or if you use such services to make payment to us through our payment processor. This may include, but is not limited to your name, address, last 4 digits of your credit card and expiry date.
Note that we do not store, at any given time, any passwords or CVV2/CVC codes, our payment processing services respecting industry standards.
04. Why we store information and how we use it
We ask you for personal information for the following reasons:
- We may be required by law to collect some information, in order to be able to provide you with the purchased Service, for example to determine the applicable taxation;
- In order for us to provide you with the purchased Services;
- Improve our Services based on the surveys and data we collect through technologies such as cookies;
- We use the information in order to communicate with you;
- We use the information in order to customize your purchased Services;
- We collect information in order to better ensure the security and integrity of our Services;
- Such information also allows us to manage our third-party relationships;
- Such information allows us to enforce our Terms and Conditions, and any other legal obligations we may have towards you, or public authorities;
- Such information may allow us to provide ongoing customer service;
- To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities.
05. Why we share information to third parties
Aweba may be working with various third parties and their respective services in order to help provide you with our Services. Incidentally we may share strictly the essential personal information with them in order to provide such Services.
Aweba may also be forced to share various information if obligated by law, or following investigations pertaining to some of our clients. In such cases we shall fully cooperate with the specific authorities, for example, after receiving court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or any other requests by public authorities.
Such information might also be communicated with a company that acquires our business, whether through acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, merger, or any other such transaction.
Aweba may also share information in order to process payments via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
06. Information from Cookies and other similar tracking technologies
According and with respect to usual practices, we may be sending ‘’Cookies’’ onto your hard drive in order to collect statistical data of your activity using our Services, which will allow us to speed up and improve our Services upon your following visit.
Such cookies are merely used to identify your computer or device by our services, in order to speed up our services as mentioned herein above.
Incidentally, said cookies may improve authentication, security, and recording your user preferences and general connection stability.
Please note that deleting, or preventing cookies onto your device, may produce unwanted adverse effects when using our Services, and may prevent us from providing you our Services as intended.
07. What we do NOT do with your personal information
Our commitment to you is that under no circumstance, we shall not, nor ever will, disclose, sell, rent or otherwise monetise your personal information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or Services to you.
Such commitment shall however not impair our ability to communicate some personal information in order for us to provide you with the purchased services, with the objectives put forth in section 5 herein.
08. Where is your information stored
All the personal information we may collect from you, shall only be stored on reasonably protected and encrypted servers over which we have both legal and physical control.
Should we store any information outside of our own servers, we shall only be transferring said information to parties who share our standards regarding the safekeeping of your private information, and respecting all the applicable legislation.
09. Your rights, and control you may exercise on your personal information
We are fully aware of the importance to keeping safe your personal information which is why you shall, at all time, be able to access, update, amend, delete or limit the use of your personal information.
Note that deleting your account with Aweba, shall permanently delete and erase all of the information previously stored by us. Incidentally, any account restoration shall be technically and physically impossible.
Should you wish to receive a copy of all the data we might have collected from you, prior to having deleted your account, you need to send us a written request to the address provided hereunder.
We undertake to satisfy your request within a reasonable amount of time.
Notwithstanding the aforementioned deletion of data, Aweba may continue to retain some personal information even after you delete your account, for a reasonable amount of time, strictly in order for us to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, or prevent fraud.
If the storage of such information is no longer required, we shall permanently delete it with the appropriate secure options available at the time of the deletion, and applicable legislation.
10. How to contact us
99, Turgeon Street
J7E 3H8, Canada
For any informal demands, questions, feedback, you may also contact us directly at 450 949-0221.